Thursday, July 14, 2011

Kellis's Scout camp 2011-12

The Scouts.  Hummmm...I wonder where Kellis is??  Oh yeah...Cheetos!

First scout meal...hotdogs...yep it's Scouts!

BRRRRRRR.......swim check in the lake at 8900ft and the snow on the ground at the camp finished meltingon June 29th?  Well you can only imagine how COLD that water is.  Nice work Kellis.  You did it!

Now this is camping.  Have fun son!
You wake up one morning with the idea that we are going to have a baby.  Then that idea begins to grow and swell and soon you are figuring out that this baby is coming!  WOW!  Then he or she arrives, and if you were like me at all, I looked at this new little boy placed in my arms and thought, "Now what do I do?"  It took me a while to "get to know him" and really start to love and adore him.  And then...he is suddenly 3, then 5 then 8 then 12...It is an interesting thing to watch children grow up right before you eyes.

Kellis has always been one who has looked at life as an adventure but something to be cautious and to enjoy as well.  He is just growing up in a way that Scott and I are sooooo proud of that we nearly burst with pride.  He is kind and loving to his sisters, he is playful and rambunctious with his brothers and cousins, yet he can be serious and understanding when he needs to as well.  Ahhh, these are all the thoughts of a mother and I have the right and opportunity to have them.  Anyway, just wanted to share my moments...here are the pictures from the scout camp.  They are wonderful!  It is all boy...go Kellis. 

Best complement from one of his leaders: "Kellis is so great--he is so low maintenance.  He is so prepared for being on his own.  Ya know?  I mean at night when the other boys are 'struggling' with homesickness or 'I want my mommy', he is just like, 'I'm good with it...night guys.'"  AHHHHH now that is just too cool.  Love you Kellis! 

No comments: