Sunday, May 18, 2008

Yesterday we spend the whole day planting the gardens: both the flower garden and the veggie garden. The five trees (one for each of my kids) are blooming and growing at a rapid pace. AHH, green is everywhere and the color's in the flowers are such a welcome splash of color to the old and drab. Kellis planted potatoes, pumpkins, rhubarb, radishes, 10 tomato plants, 5 cucumbers, 9 zucchini, 4 yellow bell peppers, and 6 green peppers. Can't wait to harvest the fruits of his (and mine--I helped a little) labors.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I am impressed! You definitely won't have to buy your tomatoes for spaghetti sauce this year! I was going to plant yesterday, but having 2 birthday parties at Kangaroo zoo staggered throughout the day made it hard to be home. So I went shopping and finally got my new bedspread set that my mom gave me money for for Christmas! You have to come see it.
Jess

The Munkies said...

i attempted a garden this year, we got the dirt ready and it is still ready...still there waiting and ready...the seeds are still at the store...wow i am on it!
this looks great! you are a computer savvy guru now!