Sunday, August 24, 2008

Little Hey, Little Ho, Live in the Moment!

wow, well no new pictrues this week, just a time to live in the moment. We did our weekly trip to the Library and on the way home, Kellis pipes up and asks if we can go to the park. Instead of saying NO we have to get this, and this, and this done, I said YES. Everyone in the car was on automatic! They all screamed "mom, that's not fair we never get to..." And then they realized what I had said and it turned into "Ye-haw! " That was truly a fun "live in the moment" kind of day. Each time I've been living in the moment, my day runs smoother.

Case in point, Isaac asked me to have a light saber duel with him right when I was in the middle of getting the Sunday dinner on the table. The spirit nudge me forward and I put the pan down and picked up the sword. He was shocked! WE only dueled for 3 minutes and then he was done. I have 30 minutes of time to get everything else done...no madness, and all were fed on time...amazing.

So the moral of this little story, live in the moment...they don't last long...and then the dishes are still done. Take care you all!

2 comments:

Amy said...

This whole post reminds me so much of Elder Ballard's last conference talk to young mothers. What good stories you have to share! :-)

Perla said...

thanks for that awesome reminder. i know that i let way too many of these little moments pass by. thanks for that. i'm going to try harder!