Sunday, August 31, 2008

Timponogus Cave





This was a great outing with the family. I thought it would be a great idea to have one final Summer bash to end the summer in style...Timponogus won the VOTE.
Kellis was the encyclopedia / "What would happen if there was an Earthquake right now?"
Garrett was Mr. Safety "Now, April, you stay here and make a sure that we all together stay."
Isaac was Dash...and ran down the mountain until the Ranger stopped him and out of frustration picked a scab and started bleeding...yucky!
Virginia wanted to rest on each bench.
and Margaret wanted to eat her fruit roll up...she asked 4 times up the trail, 18 times in the cave, and 8 times outside the cave. "can I eat it now? Can I eat it now? How about now?"
Grandpa was the pack horse.
Me? I just lived in the moment and enjoyed it all.

2 comments:

Jess said...

sounds like a wonderful outing. I hope you did your job to make sure everyone all together stay. we cleaned the house. fun fun fun. especially since it's not clean anymore the very next day. such is life.

Unknown said...

My kids keep doing the are we there yet in the car. I have found that the only way to stop it is to repeat it every time they say it. They get anoyed and then star laughing. On the way to church Hailey and I said it 35 times. Megan and Sierra kept laughing and screaming stop. Good thing its a 5 minute trip.
Hiking sounds so fun I need to do it more.