Thursday, October 29, 2009

TEARS

Okay being pregnant is tearful...it just is. Garrett asked me last Sat if he could have a birthday party. This has never happened. He picked out a party hat, he picked out toys, he picked out everything. Then I asked him, "who do you want to invite?" He looked at me and said, "I have two friends! I will ask Sister Furhman! And I will ask cousin Dallin! They will not tease me. They will be my friends."

Okay, tears, tears....it is a little heavy when your nearly 10 year old only thinks that he has two friends in the world. One is the Primary choirister and the other is a 15 year old cousin. Sniff--sigh--blow---you just want to hug everyone in the world and let them know that they are not alone. sniff...sniff.. ok..

Garrett looked at me and saw the tears and said, "why are you crying? Is baby hurting you?"
April: "No, I am just so happy that you want a party."
Garrett: "Calm down, April. It is a good thing, dry your eyes...like this."

Needless to say I asked sister Furhman and she said yes. I asked cousin Dallin, and he said yes.
So Garrett, you will have your first birthday party! Happy and tears all together!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I had a few tears myself, reading that post. I'm sure Sister Furman and Dallin will have a great time at the party. in other news, he's 10? how did that happen?

April said...

Oh Jess it is so emotional. And being sick on top of it...gross. But anyway, yes...he is ten. amazing.