Saturday, October 23, 2010

Understanding...

Understanding...it is a term that is used to know things, follow through on things, ya know...something you can feel in your heart and then you do it.  Understanding...it is clear to me what I am doing, what the Lord has prompted of me, so I follow through with it.

It was an interesting week.  We went to court to see how things would go with the Protective order violation.  As it turns out he is being charged with a felony.  Now this is his 3 violation of the protective order.  Now the State of Utah is charging him with a felony.  He broke the law and I simply reported it.

So the question is, do I understand what/who is involved or affected by me reporting this violation?  The answer is yes.  Does that make it simple, easy, or fun?  No.  I understand that there is a whole other family that is involved with this.  I understand it.  So, it is a tough choice, but the right choices are usually the tough ones we make.

He needs to become responsible for his actions.  He chose to come to the school that day.  He chose to not contact me legally (which he has always been able to do--along with the child visitation and so forth and so on).  But, he is going to do it illegally, then this is the price.  Justice and Mercy...Heavenly Father delivers the Justice, and Jesus delivers the Mercy.  They both love all of us and they will ultimately know what to do with the choices we make here.  We are all sinners.  We all need both of them in order to make it.  I need both, you need both, we all do. 

In the long run it is better for him to become responsible for his choices here on Earth then trying to do that in the afterlife.  He broke the Law and I simply reported it.  As a father, you can't walk away from your responsiblity of your children and not have any consequences.  There are right and wrong ways to do this.  I know that it is still tough, but that was the choice that he decided to make. 

At the court, I was approched by my former father-in-law.  He said in a very angry voice, "when am I ever going to let this die??"  I did not look at him.  I just sat calmly.  This was not my choice.  I simply reported that he had broken the law.  Understanding...time...repenting...this all takes time.  My heart is on his side.  My understanding through much prayer has been simply, responisbility here is easier than in the afterlife.  Mercy...Justice...can I see the beginning to the end?  No...it is all in faith that I follow this.

Imagine that I just hide.  That I don't stand up for the stability and safety of the family.  Who would be responsible then? 

The Family Proclomation says:

The family is ordained of God. Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan. Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity. Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities. By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families....We warn that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God.

Safety, love and understanding...Mercy and Justice...tears and pain...time....time....time....Repenting...then healing.  My prayers are towards him that in the end he can understand the Mercy and Justice that have been extended towards him.  We are all in need of that love, mercy and justice.  My prayers are towards him that  he will embrace his responsiblities here so that he can progress.

5 comments:

Jess said...

wow, just wow. You have such great understanding of how things are meant to be. Keep strong and do what you know is right. Love ya.

heidiram said...

So being charged with a felony means what exactly? I have a friend going through similar situation here but the friend is afraid to report it because of the soon to be ex-spouse's unstable mental state. He is afraid his ex might actually try to hurt their daughter just for revenge.

heidiram said...

And P.S. I learn so much from you.

Neisy said...

Keep calm and carry on. You are amazing.

Heather said...

Your strength in such a tough situation is amazing to me! A testimony to me that when you turn it over to the Lord, he will strenghten you! I pray that he will continue to strenghthen you!