Saturday, February 11, 2012

Talents!

 Talents...My Garrett has them in abundance.  After listening to Temple Grandin, he said, "I can make things with tape and poster-board ..."  And here's what he came up with...
 He worked on these for about a month.  Each one is labeled and scientifically categorized,
 I am in awe...my brain has no idea how he is able to do this.
 I love the mammals.  He just looks awesome.  I wish that I could capture what the look like in person.
 The "brontoscropion" is the one that freaks out Marianne.  She signs "scary!" each time she sees it.  (he also drew the porpoises in the background.
 If you are bored, count up all the teeth.  Margaret got up to 126...
 Still counting...
Garrett entered the entire collection in our art competition.  He took 2nd.  He still was able to go to district where he place 2nd again.  Not bad.  Happy he did as well as he did.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy that Garrett has found such an amazing expression for his art. Wow! We all need an outlet for ourselves - autistic or not - and he has found it!! LOVE LOVE