Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to Margaret and Garrett






It was just easier to have the two birthdays celebrated on the Sunday verses on the Thursday and then on the Halloween Friday...I wanted them to feel special, so I invited the cousins, Aunt Weeze, and of course Scott. The kids made their own b-day cakes! Garrett was the full master control of his, and Maggie-Sue guided everyone else on what she wanted on her flower cake. That is the best part of the b-day...looking through the cake book to figure out what kind of cake you want!

I put food coloring and a paint brush out for garrett, and away he went. He is truly amazing. I need to take some pictures of his work and post it...some of it you would just not believe how detailed he can get.

Garrett is turning Tiny-Nine (he won't b-say cake because he is convinced that that is what makes you grow up. He is going to stay 8 forever because he--and I quote--"doesn't want to grow up becuase it makes you have nasty hair on your ____ and under your arms.") Hence we wispered the b-day song and then he blew out the candels. He got playdough, a dinosaur book, and a cool glow in the dinosaur puzzle. It is pretty great!

Margaret Susanna was just thrilled to have her own cake! Then she opened what Aunt Weese and Sierra gave her...a tea set, and ribbon on a stick, and a jewled necklace and bracelet! Again...Aunt weeze is queen. Grandma was a close second with the new Barbie movie, and I'm last with the dress up...too funny.

Good Times by all! Happy Birthday my October 30--Garrett and my Boo baby October 31--Margaret Susanna

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK those are the best cakes!! wow! and give garrett props from aunt alison on his cake! that is truly amazing! he will be famous someday for his art work! love margarets flower cake! I am happy that they had a fun bday party and I will sent them an Ecard for each of them..sorry i cant be as cool as aunt weeze! love it! love Alison

Unknown said...

I want to see Garrett's art work. I remember G's b-day being near Halloween, but didn't realize that your little girl was born on the actual day - wow!

Amy said...

Wow. I can remember the night Garrett was born like it was yesterday! I sat home with baby Kellis and waited. :-) Awwwwww. And I can't believe Maggie is five. Where does the time go?

And oh my gosh- I giggle at Garrett's comments about not wanting to grow up. Such a cool kid. :-)

Krisanne said...

Amazing cakes! Your kids are so cute! Looks like you have been having tons of fun lately!

weeze or Alissa said...

Hey, love the pics. And we did the garrett voice when reading the blue choices converstaion. But you'll have to educate me, I thought there were only red and green choices.