Friday, December 19, 2008

Surgery a Success

For many months (about a year) I've had pain on my right side. The pain was even there after the appendix surgery. I have had a tought time explainning this to anyone (so I just kind-of delt with it)--a little tylonal and a little heating pad. Well I thought that it was time for a check up to see what was going on with everything. I also wanted to check on my tubaligation surgery. I found a doctor and off I went to see him. I asked him about possiblities of haveing a reversal because I know that there are more children (That is a whole other blog initself).

After looking at my charts and having an ultra sound we found that there was a little something more to what we were looking at. There was what looked like to be some masses on the left and right tubes--hopefully scare tissue and nothing else. We scheduled for surgery and yesterday (12/18/08) it was done.

During the surgery, Dr.Johnson was able to remove the lumps and the clips. The right side overy was a bit more tricky...hence all the pain on my right side. Dr. Johnson removed the lump and the clip---it was scar tissue and nothing more. WHEWW!! The left overay was very successfully reconnected--the flush test went well. The right however was only about 75% as open as the other tube. It was because of the other damage done to the tube. All in all, Dr. Johnson said that I was extremely healthy, extrememly fit, and I did the right thing comming in when I did so that nothing in the future of the right ovary would rupture. WHEWW!!

Yeah for doctors! Yeah for prayers! Yeah for my kids, And Yeah for Scott!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow!
stay low and happy healing. good excuse not to be crazy during this christmas week.