Friday, March 20, 2009

Joseph...hand picked to be a father of Heaven's greatest Spirits.

This is it! We have rounded the corner and the countdown is flashing. It seems so real that it is REAL!! Let's just think about the deep connection and meaning of all this marriage and wedding for a minute.

Five children and one Single woman. Five children needing LOVE and SUPPORT. A Single woman who is doing all that a woman can...still will never be both Father and Mother in a Family. Her efforts can be guided by the Spirit, and supported by amazing Home Teachers. Her efforts can even have extended family give all the time that they have even at the end of their long days, but really, no one can ever replace the father of the family, the Daddy.

Let's think and feel about that for a moment. Families are team players with everyone having a critical role to play. Heavenly Father understood the role of a complete family and hand selected Joseph for Jesus. The deep significance of such a humble man to be the earthly father of the Son of God catches my breath in awe and wonder for such a person.

Joseph held one of the greatest positions in the world, that of a father...a father to the Son of God. The prayers that must have been said to Heavenly Father from Joseph to know how to best raise Jesus are much like many of our own prayers in behalf of our own children. This is a very reverent and yet under-respected man in my opinion. To be asked and hand picked to be the earthly father of the Son of God must have been an experience that no one else has shared to that degree, however, I feel that during a particular amazingly difficult time in my families lives I prayed to my Heavenly Father for help that was answered in a way that now will change our lives forever.

Scott is the direct answer to a prayer that was offered February 13, 2008. I have never prayed with such a need before in my life. Heavenly Father is the only one who knew the depth of that need. He was the only one I could lean on. My Heavenly Father knew our needs, through the endless prayers, and pleading for guidance and help. He answered them with Scott.

No one will ever fully understand how dark and lonely MY world was, except for Heavenly Father, and so in Him I placed my full trust to know how to better help my family. Some of these prayers where prayed at the bedside of sick children who lay in Hospitals, or in their beds at the Apartment complex. Some of these prayers were in driving the long drive to Huntsville, and some were offered as I would collapse into bed at the end of a 19-20 hour day.

With out a partner to talk to, laugh with, cry with, make decisions with, go to Church with...I was not being able to talk to anyone about the children and have them fully understand. I had no outlet to just talk things over with. I needed a husband. I needed a Joseph for me. I can only imagine what Joseph and Mary talked about as a married couple: children, the gospel, relationships, finances, outings with the family, work, providing, taxes, stresses, pain, and happiness. I would share this with my Heavenly Father, but I still needed a partner...a husband.

No one will ever know the complexities of this family better than Heavenly Father. He knew the challenge of having children with multiple issues and has given me strength--strength drawn from the Redeemer--the Atonement! But, even with this, the family still needed another. Heavenly Father answered my prayer in a way that I will always be grateful for. Here's to all those Joseph's of the World. Thank you Scott for following the Spirit. Thank you Scott for being our Joseph, my Joseph.

7 comments:

Sixstrings63 said...

Than You Sweetheart, I am so happy to know that in just a few days we will officially be a family. thank YOU for being an answer to MY prayers too. Love you
Scott

Jess said...

that's amazing April. I'm so happy that you found your Joseph. You have a great family already and with the addition of the Daddy, it is now ever better. I see you almost everyday, and I can see such a change. Everyone needs a partner and to be able to love and be loved unconditionally. You were loved by your children and now you are loved by a man who appreciates you for you. Your entire contenance has changed and you have a certain glow about you. I'm glad you took the chance to love again and to change your entire life. I truly am thrilled for you. Scott has been waiting a long time to join your family, you just had to find him. Congratulations! Love you!!

Asia said...

I am so happy for you April! It has been a long stuggle and you have done such an amazing job. I am so glad you now finally have someone who can help you carry the burden of a family and will no longer have to do it all alone. Scott sounds like such a wonderful person! I am so glad he is willing to jump right in and take on the responsiblity of a father of 5 children. He is a rare find and I am so glad our Heavenly Father brought him to you. Love you tons!

Velvet Gwyneth said...

April - I am so happy for you! I sit here almost in tears..you have done such a wonderful job on your own. When we first met and I heard about what was going on in your life I found you truly amazing. You are a very special lady deserving of such a wonderful man to share it with. I know that Heavenly Father has truly blessed you and blessed Scott, and I know there are so many more blessings in store for you as a family.
Gwyn

Heather said...

You are an amazingly spiritual woman! You have strenghth that some may never know. I am so happy for you to find someone who will love and repect you for the wonderful woman that you are!

Hazen5 said...

That was so beautiful! And reading Scott's comment made it that more sweet. I am so happy for you both!

AnnEE said...

This is AMAZING, APril. What a strong, incredible woman you are. I'm so happy that you have a great man by your side!