Monday, February 1, 2010

How do I love thee? Let me count the Ways...

Love. What is it? Where does it come from? Why is it so important? Why as humans are we in such need of it? The answer is simple. We are sons and daughters of Heavenly Father. We are a family. We are part of His family. We were loved before we came to Earth by our Heavenly Father, Mother and all of our brothers and sisters. We felt this love and so as we are here on Earth, we seek it still. We have an innate nature to desire love of others. That is why Heavenly Father placed us into families.

So how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
Scott: I love you because you love me. I still think that it is amazing that you found me. That you wanted to date a woman with 5 children, special needs, too much enthusiasm for life, and energy to burn. I was always told while I was in my Masters program that I was toooooo much for anyone to handle. Well, I guess they (the masters people) didn't know you. You are my best friend. A friend that listens to me, a friend who worries about me, a friend who loves his new family, and a daddy who isn't afraid of being a daddy (even when markers are flung at you at warp speed:). I love you because you are there for me. I love your love that you share with me. I love you spiritual strength, your desire to serve you HF, and your willingness to obey. I also love your kisses. Can't help it...it is true (blush and sigh)

Kellis: I love you. You are so strong. You have been through so much. You are a leader. You have friends. They all look up to you. You have respect for adults, your leaders, and especially for Scouts. You are brave! What other 11 year old willingly gets stuck in the arm for meds? You do. You have made an impression on everyone at the Hospital. You have don well to save up all you money. I love your creativity. I love your building and engineering ability. I am excited to see you grow into a young man, pass the sacrament, and continue to help others. I am so proud of you! I love you so much. Your jokes and humor is funny to. Scott and I will sit in bed and just laugh at all the things you know and say. You are wonderful! We know that you are going to have success in your life. WE just can see it! I know I tease you about some things, but I just love your strength and fun in our family.

Garrett: My little motivator. You will never know what you have done for our family. Your needs for the right school paced our family on a path that I never knew could exist. Thank you for showing us your talents: drawing, painting, sculpting, reading, and so forth. I don't think I have ever learned so much in my life. HF loved you enough to send you to us. Thank you for coming and sharing your light with all of us. Thank you for your wonderful uniqueness. WE love you! And it is true, you make us laugh. Remember that we are not laughing at you, but with you. Your voice, timing, and smile are ours to have and share with others. We love you.

Isaac: Where do we start? Scott and I are so proud of all your hard work at reading, math, and in tumbling! You are the super star! You fly through the air...it is so fun to watch...I am so proud! I love your energy for life! I love your humor! I love you willingness to help others. I love how the Spirit touches you. I see it and your body gets all excited and bouncy! (It is a lot like me!) I love my Zickles! Who else can do what you can? No one. You are one of a kind. You are awesome and we are so proud of you! Ps You and grandpa are to peas in a pod. It is super cool!

Margaret Susanna: I love you my little dancing, singing, artist! You bring a "Fancy Nancy flare to the family. I love to see how you create, how you love to be in charge, and how you think that everything is beautiful. I'm so happy that you have been bless with all of this talent! You are so smart and you do help others. We love you! Keep on dancing, keep on singing, and keep on being you. Believe in yourself always and you will go far. Mommy and daddy love you.

Virginia Grace: My little Ginny-bear! My little mommy with a strength of 10 children. You definitely know what you want and are very patient with your brothers and sisters. Thank you for sharing those lovely blue eyes with everyone. Thank you for being so flexible and yet know where the rules are. We love your strength and your determination. You are a fire cracker, but at the end of the day you want a hug like everyone else. Daddy and I love you. We love that you are who you are.

Baby Joseph or Marianne: Daddy and mommy love you! You are full of energy! I have never felt anyone move at much as you do. You must be getting ready to come out full force! I can't wait to see you. I can't wait for you daddy to hold you. I can't wait to see how your love continues to bring more and more love into this family. You are one of two that are one their way. Thanks for coming so quickly and so healthy. Keep on moving! We can't wait to see your sweet little face, feet, toes, hands, and tummy. You are the bridge that is fulfilling our family. Thank you baby Giauque.

Happy Valentines! My family is the world to me. I am so happy that HF gave me a family here on Earth. I feel that I am the most blessed person in the world. We are an eternal family. We are sealed in the temple. We are so happy for a loving HF that knows and understand all. Go Giauque's Go!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how are things going with the baby? As in the shaking vibrating baby? I've been thinking a ton about you and all that.

I dont' know about you, but I'm getting my garden all planned out. Guess what?? We're pulling up all the grass in the backyard and in the grass's place? Six new planter boxes for veggies!!! Hurray!!!!