Sunday, February 7, 2010

Thoughts...

When contimplating hard things many things, complex things, or just gratitude, I always seem to turn my thinking into a sort of prayer. It helps me to focus, ask questions, and really think through things. I find myself calling on the Lord for guidance and strength; help or repentence or whatever the mood bight call for. I guess when I call on the Lord, he seems to clarify my thoughts and helps to guide me to the answers that I am seeking.

Granted, there are times that my thinking is just mere rambling and I can't really understand, but at least I seem to feel less "brain cluttered" and that does feel good. I can have spurts of energy from my well (this is what I call them) my Walk and Talks with the Lord. I seem to do my best thinking while my body is in motion. I feel the energy, strength, and sometimes inspiration through the whole process.

The other day I felt inspired to only think of my children. I challenged myself to walk and talk for at least 15 mins to see how fucused I could be on just my children's needs. Guess how far I got? about 42 seconds. Then a flood of "listing" items (things to do for the week, the month, the day, the next hour) seemed to flood in my mind. I found myself talking and more comfortable with my "listing" then I did with thinking about my children...distracted? Habit? Maybe a little of both.

So, I started again. I began to think of my children, and I asked for my strength in my mind to really stay focused on this. As I began, I felt that I could go a little futher than I did before...well I think I lasted about 4 minutes. Impovement? YES! So I kept two trains of thought in my mind: one fucused on my children and the other focused on my Heavenly Father so that I could really understand their needs. Each time I started I got further and further along. I was very excited because I was intune, I was getting inspiration, and I felt more understanding for my children then I did before.

Grateful for the opportunity...Love my Walk and Talks...

2 comments:

Trish said...

Thanks for your insights. It is very difficult to focus on the things that should matter the most but tend to take a backseat to the things of the world. One of our refining tests I guess.

Anonymous said...

I love your testimony and how powerful it is. You have strenghtend my testimony with reading of your own. I love you and am so glad and grateful that you are my sister! xoxo sister Cha Cha