Thursday, March 18, 2010

Marianne Ellen's Baby Story

This is a long story but one that is filled with learning curves. I would just like to share.

About a week ago, I was awakened at 3am by a feeling of nervousness. A feeling of not knowing what was going to happen, what I was feeling, or anything. I felt lost, maybe a little unsure and basically, I just needed direction.

I asked Scott if he would give me a blessing. He did. In the blessing Heavenly Father told me that I needed to "prepare for this baby, that delivery would be a difficult one, and that I needed to trust Him, and exercise faith."

I thought about that. I really still didn't understand what it meant for me. I thought, "I've gotten the bed, the shelves, the clothes, the diapers, and so on and so on. What else do I need to get prepared for?" I needed some help. So I asked Scott to just talk to me. He did. He told me what his impressions were. He said that I needed to (basically) Stop...and Be still...and know that He is in charge.

Humble pill...I got the message. I began to understand that my family would still be there. I have prepared for them. My job would still be there and that all would go well there--again we were prepared, and to just let things go...I began to understand.

So Tuesday Scott looks over at me and announces that WE are not going to work but that we are going to get prepared for the baby. We did. He helped me though the labor pains (this was the 5th day of at least 4+ hours of steady contractions and then...stop), he rubbed my back, we talked, it was wonderful. That night he said that we need to be home tomorrow too. We got the kids fed, to bed, read, and then prayed...Little Margaret said, "and please bless that the baby sister will be born on St. Patrick's day. She is our lucky baby." It was so sweet!

Scott and I went to the temple MArch 17, 2010. We just listened, we prayed, we were "still". Following the temple we went to the dr appointment. There at the appointment we learned that the induction date was set for March 18th at 7am. I did great at the exam. Then the doctor said that if we got into a steady contraction pattern to just come in and they would keep us.

YES!! Scott and I went on a drive. We looked at life from the different perspectives that we had both experienced. We talked, we laughed, we just were relaxed. I knew that all would be well at home and it was. The children were taken care of (Thanks Christine!) and we just needed to hang around Ogden a little bit more. Well in our driving we ended up passing the hospital and suddenly...I begin some contractions! YEAH! (we had to turn around in some pretty HEAVY traffic from an oil spill that happened on the freeway that morning...it was wall to wall cars) Anyway, we did it. We were in steady labor. We arrived at the hospital and the contractions were great! Steady! We were staying!! (now there is a funny part that happened in the birthing room...Scott will have to tell you..it has to deal with soda pop and sticky floors...)

We got checked in at 7pm and WHAM! the Labor was on! Then it started to SLLLOOOOWWW down. sigh! The nurse came in and said that we were going to use a little pitocin to keep things steady...YEAH! WOW!! Steady and improving! Soon it became a little tough...OUCH! Epidural please! (now in the past, this is a very scary time for me...I have lost conscienceness, low blood pressure, and so forth!) But I knew that we would be safe. I knew that it would work out. I knew it because Scott knew it. He held my hand, looked into my eyes, checked on my progress, and was always there for me. BLESSED!

Sooooo, with the Epidural in place I told myself to calm down, focus, and OPEN! in 20 min the nurse checked...we were at a 5. in 10 more minutes..an 8+ and in 5 minutes I suddenly felt PRESSURE! WOW! I was ready to push. WHAT?? this had only been 3 hours? WHAT? WOW! The blessings of the Lord...the luck of the Irish...the prayers from Maggie...it was all here.

Lucky?? BLessed? How about this, Scott was in position (two cameras in tow)at the head of the bed. I'm set up (just use your imagination for that) and now...we start pushing! Lucky 7? No WAY! YEP!! It only took 7 pushes. I can't belive it! Scott couldn't believe it! and suddenly...presurre...slip...wow! It's a...it's a...a...GIRL! Marianne Ellen was placed on my tummy. tears! Sobs! Gasps...

Scott is red..tears...I'm so happy..he is so happy. She is here! Our lucky Charm. 7 pounds 9 oz, 19inches long, March 17, 2010, blond hair, blue eyes, perfect! Your mommy and daddy love you. You are a blessing to the family. Thank you Heavenly Father. Thank you for not giving up on Scott, me, and our family. Marianne Ellen is our Lucky Charm!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations again! Prayers are a wonderful thing aren't they? Especially the wonderful prayers of our wonderful children!

heidiram said...

I am so happy for you guys! That is so awesome!

Charity said...

congrats! your story is so sweet! thanks for being so open in all you share! It inspires me!
hugs to all
Charity

Rebecca said...

She is precious! I'm glad it was smooth and quick (other than painful waiting). I have no idea how you have time to blog...shouldn't you still be in the hospital? You are an amazing super-mom. I'm glad she's finally here, and I'm glad she's a girl. Although it would have been fun to both have an Isaac and a Joseph, and be 2 of the biggest families in the ward. :)