Friday, April 9, 2010

Swearing...



Sometimes in our life we say things that, well, we didn't mean or that we said in anger. What pops out of our mouth? Sometimes silly words like: ahh, peanuts! or sometimes it is the words that hummm, seem to be well...ask any salior, they'll tell you.

Have you ever been so frustrated, hit your head, toe, or thumb that you let something slip? Yesterday my two boys decided that saying words of that nature was acceptable. Really? I don't think so. Seat away was instantly instigated, but that was NOT going to be enough. Hummm, what to do? Call Dad...I needed back up!

Talk, think, hummm. We've got it! The boys will weed the front, side and back gardens. Just like you have to pluck the bad words out of your head, the weeds had to be plucked from the garden. YES! That would work. It did. I have a 6 bags of weeds, two red sunburned necks, and four sore hands to prove it. ahh, sometimes the parenting pays off.

Lesson learned.

Comment of the year--Scott: "So does this mean that I have to pull weeds for every word that I say?" :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

That is great April!!

Eli Briscoe said...

We may have to try this, Beck called me a d**n baby the other night...