Friday, April 30, 2010

A Birthday Rreflection...

I sit here typing listening to my daughter's sweet coos, my other daughters, soft giggles...and I feel so much love. Truly, in this life it is all about family; serving your family--immediate family, neighbors, co-workers, strangers, all of Heavenly Father's family. I'm learning through my 36 years of life that through serving your fellow man, you really find the secret of life: it is all about love. The ultimate love that Heavenly Father has for all of His children. His love is perfect. His love covers everyone...we are all sinners...we are all His children...so how can we all live in this beautiful earth and not learn how to love others?

I frequently pass a man who walks along the highway. His face shows the damage and wear of life. His countenance is troubled, and his physical appearance is dismal. Margaret said, "where does he live?" I told her I was not sure. She then said, "we should pray that he can find a home." My eyes instantly had tears in them.I looked at Marianne and said to myself, "He had a mother once, a father, a family..a home." My heart broke...my tears were falling. I thought, life is hard, but with the Lord all will be made right. We will all find "home". I prayed a little differently that night. I prayed that our little efforts can make a difference--through the Atonement of the Lord.

It is a process. It is not filled with immediate answers; things take time. There is responsibility to actions as well. Some of Heavenly Father's children make choices that hurt others. We will never be perfect. I'm on a journey towards My Savior through the blessing and miracle of the atonement. It is a step at a time journey and sometimes I don't understand some of the directions, but when I allow him to take my hand and lead me I am given peace. I know that I mess up, but He never leaves my side. I feel that He lifts me up and gets us going.

We are commanded to be forgiving, but that doesn't mean that we have to re-embrace that which was killing us. We simply (but painfully sometimes) give it to the Lord to handle and help. On our part, we send out prayers towards those who have hurt, damaged, and destroyed things that are real and wonderful to us. That is our part; it is hard, but it allows us to have justice served, and mercy to heal the other party.

The tender Mercies are real. Time works out everything. As I look at our new baby girl, I'm filled with the love of the Lord. He hears all of our prayers. He is real. He loves everyone of His children...we need to do the same. Just a birthday Reflection...have a great day everyone.

No comments: