Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just a Thought

I had a moment that made me pause and think.  I was a bit emotional, a bit tired, and a bit worn out with just doing the everyday of life.  So, I sought the most private room in the house the downstairs bathroom with the lights off and began a prayer.  This was an interesting prayer...I prayed about things that I was really concerned with and yet they were things that I could not do much about.  Nevertheless, I pushed on and allowed the tears and things to flow and wow did they, then they would suddenly turn off, and then on and then off and then on...It was a long one. 

But I finally got to the truth of what I was feeling and from my perspective how I was understanding my life.  Afterwards, I felt so calm and peaceful.  I thought, "good, I'm feeling the love of the Lord", but I'm still not sure how to start anything, or where to begin."  Well, even with those thoughts, I just pushed forward and within minutes of me leaving the bathroom, the answers to prayers were becoming evident everywhere.  I felt so humbled and so loved by my Heavenly Father that I was filled with gratitude and quietly whispered a prayer of "thanks for listening and sharing your mercy so quickly."

It is just a thought, but more than that...The Lord really knows our needs no matter how big or small.  He really does love us.  He really does know us.  I am humbled by it every time...thoughts...prayers...they are powerful...simple...but powerful.

No comments: