Friday, June 24, 2011

Dinosaur Park 2011

The annual trip to the Park...well can you just hear all the squeals of excitement?  Garrett was just wonderful..."Garrett: Everyone say it with me!!! Let's Go Dinosaur PARK!! Say it again...now, say it with a smile...many smiles...April, are you happy? Look! Look!! I see your smile again!! That is three in a row! You are happy!! This is the Best Day Ever!!"
This was said a few hundred times on the drive up to Ogden...by the third time is was getting a little old, but Garrett was just to excited to let that damper his spirits.

We ran around that park for over three hours.  Garrett was beat red from the heat and the running, but he has a ball. 

Saddest moment: Isaac was being a helper and put sunscreen on Marianne, but didn't rub it all the way in...she got it into her eyes...so for the rest of the park she was swollen, teary, and just miserable.  So sad.  He felt so bad he just kept hitting his head..."I'm the worst brother ever!"  Mom:  "it was an accident.  They happen."  Isaac:  "Why do they always happen when I'm always around??"  Mom: no comment.

Funny, but not funny moment: Isaac is still feeling bad about Marianne and so he starts to cry a little bit.  Then he rubs his eyes...with the same hands that had the sunscreen on them...now he looks like Marianne...teary, miserable, and SWOLLEN!  He is shouting, "I can't see!!  I can't see!!"  Of course, Kellis just has to comment: "Now you know how Marianne feels!"  Those two went after each other and ran around trying to catch each other for about ten minutes.  (Remember that Isaac is swollen and can't see very well...it was funny).
The family.

Best moment: The girls!!  No complaining, crying, whining...it was heaven!  They were polite, helpful, and just had a wonderful time.  It was a blessing.

Hot day?  yes, but we had a slight breeze and so it was bearable. 

Most Awkward moment: I had to go to the hospital to get my shot since I was up in Ogden and so I took all the kids into the hospital.  I'm getting looks, comments like "are ALL THOSE your children?", and snickers.  I just proudly hold my head up high and we politely come in and just get our business done.  Well, I'm taken into a room to have the shot in my hip.  Three of the six kids come in with me and well, one of them was Garrett.  Ok, let's just say that some of the plastic "models" of anatomy were very curious to him.  He would say, "What is this?  Why is there a thing here, and a place there, and WOW there is a baby inside that one...and GROSS!!  Why do you need to have those"... and so forth.  The nurse was very humored and just laughed to herself.  It was an educational moment.  Anyway, it was a little awkward.

Overall, great day!

1 comment:

Kyndra said...

That sounds so awesome! You have the best kids!