Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Murmuring

Sweet Children...They all have their moments.  I mean just look at my Margaret Susanna Giauque Leprechaun! Sweet right?  I need more pictures like this to remind me!
WHY??????   UGH!!! NOOOOOO!  DON'T WANNA!  You did it!  Not me!  No YES, Na-uh, Ya-ha, Na-uh, Ya-ha!!

Ahhh, the chorus of love, right?  I have two family members who are at each other constantly.  Yes, I know it is the age.  Yes I know that it will happen.  And yes, it is a battle.  But, how can you find and ESTABLISH peace in such an atmosphere?  What are the fights about?  "that's mine!" (some silly plastic--broken I might add--thingy).  Or, "they are breathing my air!" Or, "It is my turn!  NO!  IT is MY turn!!  Na-uh!  Ya-ha!!  So after another round of the two going at it in Grandpa's music room, one got a smack on the butt and the other one had to "re-boot" this morning and start over.  This actually put one child back to sleep...which is what they most needed.  And the other, after reading to them, is now in a better mood. 

I understand that PARENTING is full of days like this.  I know that there are choices I can make as a parent to just 1) leave it alone--plug them into something electronic and just sit back, 2) send them to a seat away, or 3) actively research, figure out, and understand the situation (complicated by a lack of theory of Mind with Autism Spectrum Disorders).  I choose 2 and 3, however, I sometimes don't always know the next step...so seat aways help, and I offer a prayer to figure out things, but I don't always get the answer to prayers that FAST.  But, I'll keep on going.  Parenting it the toughest job I'll ever love.  But really, fighting  at 7:02am?  We hadn't even started the whole day. 

Ok.  Breath!  After morning chores, weeding, (reading is finished), pick up, we are going to the Library.  It is a "Library" day, and we are hoping that a distraction will help.  But ultimately I need to figure out what is eating them inside.  Why do they just have to claw, scratch, and fuss at each other?  I know that as a kid I did most of my fighting because I was just drawn into the hurtful words and teasing and just had to fight back.  I guess I'm just seeing a mirror image of what I used to do, but I am determined to do better then that.  Parenting...my "kryptonite"--MURMURING/WHINING.  I'll stand strong and take deeper breaths.  Any advice and support?  I'm all ears!

No comments: