Sunday, November 23, 2008



Prayer is an amazing thing. When you follow the Spirit then it get's even better. Okay To make a long Summer story short, I was enrolled in a conversation this summer by an amazing friend and she committed me to "the dating world". Long Idaho River story short, I met someone on the river who treated me as a smart, individual, spiritually connected, and strong, 34 year old women and not some sister/daughter/neighbor that's "just April" type.

So, the journey online began. (On line dating is interesting and it has proven for me to be amazing. Let me also qualify that is also has it's down falls: the dirty old man type, the I've forever broken type, it was my wife's fault type, and the "How-u-doin" type). So, I'm on line picking the "dating canidate" for me: scroll through picture, profiles, pictures, profiles...when I come across "ImSwiss2". Interesting..."Click there" (What?? Did I just hear/feel the Spirit tell me to "click there?"). Okay, I click...My first thought is that "there is something familiar about him, I think I'll send him a message." Okay...now that I'm committed to the message I get a great response. We conitue to write and IM and write and IM (over 6 weeks), then he asks me out on "the first date".

I race to an online dating expert (Thank you Emily!) and we go over the rules: meet in public, go double, have an escape route planned, NEVER show him where you live, and Never go with him after the date. GOT IT! We meet at a restaurant. (I'm parked a row behind him so I can watch all the moves...). He gets out of his Suburban and frantically walks to the passenger side and is looking, looking, looking for something. Well, I get out of the car and he looks at me and we introduce ourselves. He tells me that he forgot his wallet and that he'll be back. I get back to my car and just start laughing. Okay---he is pretty nervous---and he had his shirt inside out. Okay I'm thinking--here is my chance, should I drive away??? No we'll see if he comes back.

Back he comes, in the restaurant we go. (his shirt is still inside out). He asking me what I would like and he suddenly takes a "double take" at his shoulder seam on his shirt! I'm screaming to myself---look at the floor, Look at the Floor! He tells me that he'll be right back and he goes and changes his shirt. (I'm am laughing hysterically to myself thinking...he is so nervous, but I'm so cool!) Back he comes we order our dinner, we talk for 2 hours, and now it is time to leave.

I go to the car...the keys...look and look and look. No keys, empty the purse...no keys. (In my head I'm a bit panicked! and I can tell that he is have a few weird thoughts about me...oh great!! now it is my turn! I can't believe this. He goes back in the restaurant to find them--no luck. OH! there they are---locked in the car! Now what???

Well, long and short of it, I broke three major "first date" rules: I got in his truck, he came to the house (great! He knows where I live now...), and I went with him after the date! Hummm....I was checking the Spirit monitor for safety...all is well. Okay, all is well.

I can't beleive how silly I was. There I was laughing (in my head of course) of how nervous he was and how "cool" I was...when I was just as nervous as he was. It is a great first date story, and the dats since then have been fab!

Scott is someone who brings the "Calming Effect/Affect" into my family's lives. The children are calm, they are nicer to each other, they listen to him, they look up to him, they love to ask him 10001 questions, they are interested in him, and they love him. Kellis, Scott and myself will read scriptures together each night after eveyone else has had the reading, scriptures, and prayers. He is watching how Scott treats me and how I treat him. He is feeling the Spirit, and he is having a hole filled in each night the three of us are together.

Scott likes me for me! He just loves me. (Strange but true! The enthusiastic, passionate, energy filled, little stubborn, driven woman he thinks is cute!) He gets up an hour earlier just to come on my "walk-n-talks" at 5am. He is there on time every morning (Mon-Sat) and we are able to just be ourselves, talk about everything, show our passion for things--me with the election--and plan for the future. Can you tell me anyone else who would do that? We are getting to know each other more and more. I can see what he repeats (that helps with consistancey--truth--honesty), what he loves, what we love together and so forth.

Okay, I hope that I've shared a glimsp into the question, "Who is Scott??" Feel free to comment, and please know that we are serious. We are a couple! We are learning about each other, and we are committed to each other.
Any other questions?? Let me know!
Loves to All!

4 comments:

Jess said...

SQUEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so stinkin' happy for you April. Isn't it nice to be loved and accepted for who you are? You deserve it.

love ya!

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing where God takes you?? To places you NEVER thought you would go - like online dating, huh??

Good luck and take it slow. I'm so happy that you are happy because you deserve it!! I hope to see you when I come to Utah next month!

Perla said...

congratulations, april! that is awesome! i have been checking in on your blog from time to time to see if you were going to spill more about him. i met my husband on line. :)
i hope all continues well for you!

Hazen5 said...

Yay for you! You sound so happy, and your smile is proof. I hope we get to meet him some day soon!