Sunday, April 19, 2009

POSION CONTROL + PRIESTHOOD

Well, there is nothing like a good old fashion Saturday to remind everyone about reality. Kids are playing, mom is doing bills, dad is with Kellis picking out a guitar...stay tuned for details...and everyone happy. Suddenly I get a sick feeling in my stomach! I ignore it and keep on doing bills. Then again...sick stomach! I head downstairs. Everyone is watching a movie. Hummmm, so I start cleaning up the ketchup bottle, the syrup, and then I grab the night vitamins (melatonin) and AHHH! EMPTY! Why the panic? It was a new bottle 120 vitamins, we've used it for about 4 days. That's about 20 out of the bottle...so 90 + are now missing.

My first thought is Margaret-Susanna! She loves candy. I start to ask her. NO! is the answer. Sick stomach feeling is now NOT going away! I'm back to mega questioning. "Maggie-Sue you will have to have shots at the hospital. Please tell me, did you eat all of these?" Then the alligator tears start to swell and fall! "yes!" I hold her tight while she is sobbing. I contact poison control. With the time frame, and how much she ingested, then put me on hold to calculate it. She is now getting sleepy in my arms and turning a pale color of ash.

Poison control is back. The report is to watch her breathing patterns, let her sleep it off, and to take her in if she is not doing well. Through my prayer I am prompted to feed her a lot of protein to help absorb the mass. I tell Maggie-Sue that she is going to need to eat eggs and then what ever else I put in front of her. She is so nervous, but she is doing it.

I've left a message on Scott's phone. He comes home and he with a friend of ours administer to her immediately. She has fallen asleep and is shallow breathing, is pale, and is ashen in color! During the blessing my sick stomach fades and the Spirit fills the room. The blessing said for her to sleep, "sleep will be the healing factor with you, Maggie". I was beautiful Scott's worthiness to hold the Priesthood is what saved her. No shots, no hospitals--they terrify her--she literally thinks that she will not leave the hospital alive! I watched her breath in and out as her shallow breath deepens and she becomes more relaxed.

She slept hard for about 2 hours. The color and her coolness did not return until about 3 hours later. She then started perking up and became little Maggie-Sue again. It was a lesson--again go the first feeling and not the second (sometimes hard to tell when you are menstruating). Anyhow, Scott's willingness to live the commandments and to live worthy of Heavenly Father's Priesthood is the blessing of the day for our family. Miracles are witnessed everyday--Count your blessings one by one, and remember to Be Still, and know that HE is God.

6 comments:

Tiff said...

I am soooooo glad she is okay. I truly know how serious that situation is. It is a miracle for her to pull through it. Give her a hug for me.

Jess said...

April, I have goosebumps reading this. I'm so glad you have Scott and his priesthood in your home. Maggie is a lucky little girl, and I'm glad she's okay.

Heather said...

April, that is awesome! It put tears in my eyes. I am glad that she is okay. Isn't the priesthood amazing? I can't tell you how many times I have had similar experiences when I have had blessings and the Lord takes care of it for us. His power is amazing!

weeze or Alissa said...

ok, welcome to my world of poison controll. And I wished we would of had a blessing to clear up Samo's tylenol od, I still cringe of him screaming about taking his bob the builder shoes, and shoving that charchol down his throat through his nose! Well, good thing she is ok, and now you have a new place for the night vitaims?
but on a totally different note, when should we be there on Sat?

weeze or Alissa said...

ps. I bet scott didn't think he'd had to use his powers so soon. I think he'll get to exercise it a lot with you guys. He should be a Preisthood ironman!

Hazen5 said...

I am so glad she didn't need to go to the hospital! What a sweet little miracle. The Priesthood Rocks!!