Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I will Miss you Grammy

I was awakened this morning early by Isaac. He needed my help and so off I went to help...then suddenly my parents were home...4:20am...

4:33am...

I settle Isaac, and mom comes out and tells me that Grandma is passing away...she says that grandpa and a little girl are there to be with her until she goes.

My heart aches and is sad. I cry...I go back into bed and snuggle against Scott.

Scott: "what's up?"
Me: "My grammy is passing away...grandpa is there.
Scott: "oh sweetie." hug, silence, more tears fall...hug.
Me: "Do you know, I think the most amazing thing is about Heavenly Father is? That He allows the veil to thin, and to have our loved ones come and to take us home...so we won't be alone."--more hot wet tears...
Scott: hug, and silence.
Me: "I'm glad to have grandpa and the little girl come to take her home...sniff...more tears...
Scott: hug...
Me: "I will miss my grammy...I pray for the tender mercies of the Lord to allow her time to be calm and to think when she gets home...and I pray that she will remember...I want to be with her again."

I just wanted to share my heart this morning. I pray for anyone who has lost a loved one. It is difficult, but they are in a place of love...and they won't be in pain or hurt anymore. I know this is true. I felt that grammy said goodbye to all of us at her birthday party. Her sisters were there, her three children, and many of her grand and great grandchildren were there. I will be forever grateful that we went. That I hugged her, that I talked to her, that she saw all 5 of the children, and that I got to say goodbye. I have her energy, some of her personality, her drive, her stories about the farm, about life, and I have her recipes and her love. It was such a good day...now tomorrow November 25th is her real birthday. Happy 98th...I will miss you grammy.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I know you will miss her, but think of all the great work she'll be able to do on the other side.

I wonder if maybe the little girl might be your little girl?

Unknown said...

I know...my heart is breaking up here in Oregon too. Mom told me last night.
Maybe this way - just like Grandpa did a few years back - we get to see each other for the holidays again just like old times - you know?