Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Silver teeth

OUCH! All that Halloween candy caught up with us. Maggie had to go get two of her 4 cavities capped today. It was not pretty. The nurse had me put Maggie-Sue on my lap. Check! Then the Dr slipped in back of her and gave her a shot on her hip. OUCH!!! she just looked at me and cried! "You Lied!!! You LIED!! They gave me a s...h....oooo" And out she went.

Not always the most fun part about being a mom. She hugs you, trusts you, and then from behind--literally--ouch! There goes the shot!

Well once we "woke up" she kept wanting a hug, but not from me. She asking when I would not have 3 heads. She would shout! She would scream! Then she would calmly say, "where is my sparkle ball? Do I have silver teeth? Do you have silver teeth? I want my SILVER TEETH!!!" Then back to-- you guessed it--SCREAMING! "Why do you have 6 eyes? Why are you so silly? Why are you in my dreams? I am dizzy, I want a drink, I want a corn dog, I want, I want..."

Well, all I can tell you is that 3 hours after the fact she finally "calmed down" and looked at me and said, "There you are! Where have you been?"

Kids and the dentist. It is a challenge for everyone!

2 comments:

Amy said...

This reminds me so much of this YouTube video... so funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs


Check it out. Hee hee.

Unknown said...

Megan had to go under general to get four "metal" teeth and a bunch of other stuff done. They gave her some "happy" juice to calm her before she went in. She kept trying to sit up and then falling down twards the bed rails. Then she pointed at the nurse and started laughing. The nurse responded with "do I have a funny head?" Waking up was not so fun. Mommy had to get into the bed and hold her until everything left her system.