Sunday, May 1, 2011

Finding blessings

There are moments in my life that when I look at all that I have (both positive and things that I can't seem to see the silver lining in), I am astonished at what I am blessed with.  Today I was needing to explain to my children what some of these blessing are: mainly them--all 7 of them. 

When I served my mission I had a very real understanding about my 5 children and what they would look like, who they were, and just a feeling of love!  I knew that I was going to have a family of that size.  Then while pregnant with Margaret I had a dream about a little girl...she was about 9 months old, and she was just beautiful.  This little girl was no one I felt I knew.  She was not one of the "five".  So I just thought that it was something for me to think about...and see when this little one was going to get here.

Following Margaret, Virginia was born and during that stay at the hospital I was awakened with a dream about a little boy...again this little boy was no one that I "knew". It took my breath away because I knew what my current situation was like at that time there was just no way that this was going to be possible.  I remember praying and feeling complete comfort...I thought, ok, it is in the Hands of the Lord.

Once Marianne was born, I knew that she was that little girl who I had seen while pregnant with Margaret.  My heart was just full!  I knew it!  My heart just was overjoyed!  So, when we found out that this one was a boy, my heart was just filled with comfort...I think this might be the little boy that I saw when I had Virginia...we will see...count the blessings...they are everywhere!  Look, ponder, and you will find the answers....  And if I can say just one more thing, Trust in the Lord.  He really does know the beginning to the end.  He knows what we need.  He knows how to bless us.  With God NOTHING is impossible....I have so many witnesses of this that I have to testify of it.  I just needed to share!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Congrats on the baby boy! Yea!