Sunday, August 5, 2012

Buying a house and making it a home.

 When you buy a house, you want to make it a home.  Making is a home is a challenge when you've lived in this house for nearly 5 years.  But, I wanted to make a difference and an impact on what we had and change it to what we needed it to be for our house. 

That meant pulling out carpet, laying flooring in the dining room/kitchen, painting the walls, painting chairs, and  painting the cabinets!  WOW...it is light and bright, fresh and makes me happy!
 The working crew was really everyone--in different stages.  For the painting/babysitting/flooring/cleaning Kellis and Garrett:  K with the spray paint, G with the cabinets.  M, M, and V: helping move the china, staking the china, then move the china back into the hutch.  Isaac, the gopher:  can you get me this, get me that, I need just an extra hand with this.
 And then of course, I have the "extra" helpers: Rhetten and Marianne.  Rhetten's job was to be 1) cute, 2) crawl around as we installed the new floor, 3) give mama hugs, and well, the pictures say it all!
 hum...is someone tired?  yep...Good old Kellis!
 See what I mean by being adorable?  How can you not love this little helper?

 The dining room: 1) used to be billiard green walls and brown carpet.  2) Oak chairs with the varnish coming off, and 3) different Japanese embroidery.



 Now: white walls, switched the placement of the hutch, hung a mirror to reflect light, spray painted the chairs, and laminate flooring.  BRIGHT and LIGHT!


 The old kitchen: 1) red walls, 2) oak cabinets, 3) vinyl flooring. 

New kitchen: winter fresh walls, laminate flooring, and painted cabinets!  I also put bead-bored on the island and painted up each stool.
 LOVE my island!  It is just for fun and wow did I have fun with it.  I figured, why not?  I just wanted something that had a little flair of me on it...I got it!
Isn't the floor pretty?  I just had to get a snap shot of all our hard work!





 The whole kitchen was inspired by Mary Engelbreit!  I wanted it to be fun, to remind me of a home that I just loved going to when I was growing up...and I feel like I captured it.  My spirit is happy and that's all that I need right now...happiness!  I have a few more rooms left to do  but that won't be until December when mom and dad finish building their home.  I have Marianne and Rhetten's room to do as well and our Master bedroom/Bathroom.  I promise I'll post pictures of that as well...over all VERY happy!  That is what I wanted...Happiness!

No comments: