Friday, January 23, 2009

Draper Temple

We went to the open house at the Draper Temple!! It was so beautiful. I was thrilled to see murals on the walls. The marble floors, the baptistry, the alderwood, the cut glass, the chandelers, the sage blue and cream colors...it is all for the beauty of the Lord's house.

The Spirit was so strong and mild. The children felt the spirit the whole time. Maggie-Sue said, "Can you decorate my room like this?...Today?" She is so happy there.

Virginia loved the patterns in the carpet...she wanted to crawl and crawl on them.

Kellis and Garrett loved the pictrues of Christ all throughout.

Isaac liked the "swimming pool"--I mean font. He loved the idea of helping others who hadn't been baptized.

Garrett would say "hello Jesus" to the pictrues.

The Girls loved to be with Grandma Ann. They just held hands and walk and talked and talked with her. She enjoyed herself...we all did.

The celestial room was my favorite. The beauty the QUIET, the calm, the spirit. I can't wait to be there with my LOVE. To look into eternity with him...to look forward for having an eternal family once again...it is a blessing and an answer to a deep prayer. My Heavenly Father loves me...there is no doubt.

In the sealing room the little worker talked to us about being an eternal family. Maggie-Sue said that we are all getting married here. Garrett said, "Mr., do you know dinosaurs?" The worker replied, "I am a dinosaur." Garrett smiled and said, "so Mr. do you know dinosaurs and Jesus?" They are here at the temple..." My heart smiled, the worker laughed, and the eternities now have dinosaurs...I love my family!!!

We will all be there soon. Prayers are answered, the Savior lives, and families are forever.

2 comments:

Hazen5 said...

What a perfect day! And the perfect time to teach your children about the Plan of Happiness. You are a great Mommy!

weeze or Alissa said...

did the worker say he was a dinosaur...so funny. and saying hello to the jesus pictures, great. When Dallin went through the MT. Timp. open house, just kept pointing at all the Jesus pictures and saying in his loud voice, "JESUS" cute but not very reverent.