Friday, May 1, 2009

Trash Race!

This morning was the GREAT TRASH RACE!! My sister calls it "Garbage Round up". For any of you who have forgotten the TRASH and suddenly the drumming noise of that all to familiar truck comes bounding down the street and to your horror...You forgot the TRASH...well, I'm sure that you can all understand.

I'm walking, I hear the trash man, I sing praises to Kellis because he did his job last night. Hummm...as I turn onto our block AHHHH--all cans are out but ours. NO!!!

Suddenly Kellis (is the pj's and all) races the CAN out to the street. My heart sinks. It is too late...it is hopeless. That will make for a GRUMPY GRANDPA.

Suddenly--"go flag down the Garbage Man!" comes to my head. I instantly run back to the back block and flag him down. He smiles and agrees to go back to the block he just left to pick up our trash. What a nice man!

I'm sure that it helped that I was dressed for the day and hummm...I'm glad I did my hair.
YEAH--no Grumpy Grandpa, Happy DAD, and sigh of relief for Kellis--he by the way was praying for a miracle. He was a little upset with himself that he forgot to take it out and was issuing a few tears. Tears plus prayer...look what he got! The Trash it out.

All prayers are answered...one way or another.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have had our fair share of the trash race!!! But our garbage man won't come back if we miss it. You know what p's me off about that? Sometimes they come at 7am and sometimes it is 3pm - you never know what you can count on and boy does it make for a bummer week if you miss your garbage pickup!!