Sunday, May 24, 2009

Water Fall Canyon

Super Cute! Who wants to hike? ME!
Magaret Susanna after winning a gummy worm..mile 1 1/2

Dallin, Hyrum, Kellis, and Samuel at the bottom of the falls


Another pictrue of the falls.



Random...hey there is a rock! Let's climb it!


Stopping point along the trail. Beautiful!

Which way do we go?

the cool dudes!

Isaac and his pal, Sammy! WE loved him on the hike.

Smile? Tired? Wait, I think he took the picture...fun

It isn't every day that you get to go back into the old neighborhood and bring your family with you. Well Sat was a day that we decided to hike Waterfall Canyon. It is up in Ogden right off the east side of 29th street. The weather couldn't have been better. mid 70's overcast sky, and the cutest families hiking up the trail (along with 200 others--what can I say many people have the same great taste--and idea).

Sammy the stick stealing dog came along...it was so great. He just loved run up to anyone holding a stick, chomp down on the sticks, and run away. I think his total was up to 4 sticks. 3 came from kids under the age of 10.
Scott had to head up the trail quickly...sammy was just headed east and nothing was going to stop him. So the kids started to group up and head up the trail. I held Maggie's hand and Aunt Weeze held Virginia's. Hummm, Virginia? She made sure she walked on every boulder--not the trail--just every boulder. Weeze tried and tried to redirect her, but she just was magnitized to every rock on that trail. Don't worry Seirra was close on her tail as well.
Maggie-Sue would start to whine a little, and I woudl give her a pompt...use you words...and then she would tell me her complaints: my feet hurt, my legs, hurt, can I have a gummy worm...we just went step by step and then if it was a little tough suddenly a gummy worm would come out of my pocket and dangle in front of her. Her compliants would fade away and instantly she would be running up that trail. I knew that she would do anything for the candy so yeah! We got her up that mountain.
Isaac was pulled up the first 1/3 by Sammy. He had him on the leash and was getting a free ride!
Kellis and Hyrum just chattered the whole way up and the whole way back.
Samuel...he just floated betweeen most of the groups.
Garrett and Dallin held hands and made it up all the way. My dad was the middle man and just made sure that every one got to where they needed to be.

Fun hike! (We made it back and had a great BBQ--complete with homemade ice cream--thanks mom!) Last of all we went swimming at the club house. Fun was held by all. WE loved it. What a great kick off to summer!

3 comments:

Hazen5 said...

What a great day spent with your family! I love all those pictures. I wish we had a waterfall close to us.

weeze or Alissa said...

Great pics. I'm gonna post next!

Sixstrings63 said...

that last one was kind of funny, I think you called it Lumpy and grumpy?